1. How to swim in the ocean.
2. To always take my vitamins.
3. How to use a thesaurus to improve my writing.
4. Army songs… (I left, I left, I left my wife and a 15 kids, over there, over there…)
5. That a freshly showered man in a nice suit is something to behold.
6. To smile often because I’m pretty when I smile.
7. That daily exercise is an important part of keeping fit.
8. To honor my mother.
9. That it’s perfectly acceptable to break out in song wherever and whenever.
10. The gift of hospitality.
11. To always be optimistic, dash negativity, visualize the life you desire.
12. The fine art of networking.
13. How to underline meaningful sentences in my personal books and read them again and again.
14. That everyone I meet is a potential friend.
15. That I am actually a princess. (Didn’t you know?)
16. That fresh figs are God’s most perfect food.
17. How to write a love letter.
18. That people make mistakes and need forgiveness.
19. That real men cry.
21. How to let a man lead on the dance floor.
22. That ” it is what it is” and “that’s a crock of bull”!
23. To say I love you always and often.
24. To never give up.
I had a different relationship with my dad than my five older brothers had. I’m sure their blog about Edmund Francis Shaheen Sr. would be quite different.
Therefore the twenty fifth thing I learned from my dad..
25. There is no denying the special bond between a father and his little girl.
Love you and miss you, Dad.